- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Major in: English, Filipino, Mathematics, Sciences, and Social Studies
The College of Education, a teacher-education program, is committed to produce Salettinian facilitators who are competent in their fields of specialization acquired in an atmosphere of excellence, quality and relevance and who are capable of fostering the spirit of Christian service to witness to the Gospel truths by their lives, attitudes and examples.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The College of Education is committed to produce competent Salettinian educators “providing accessible, quality and transformative education”.
Specifically, it aims to:
- equip pre-service teachers with teaching competencies and research capability towards the attainment of the thrust on basic education;
- effect desire among pre-service teachers to pursue professional development t and personal growth to address the changing demands, of the society for global comparativeness; and
- inspire pre-service teachers to manifest Salettinian core values of Faith, Reconciliation, Integrity, Excellence, and Solidarity.
- meet the needs of professional teachers for elementary education schools, who are generalists and who can teach across the different learning areas.
- meet the needs of professional teachers who can teach in one of the different learning areas in secondary like Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, English, Filipino, Social Sciences, among others.
Bachelor of Elementary Education
The BEEd degree program aims to develop highly motivated and competent teachers specializing in the content and pedagogy for elementary education.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the diversity of learners in various learning areas
- Manifest meaningful and comprehensive pedagogical content knowledge (PCK) of the different subject areas
- Utilize appropriate assessment and evaluation tools to measure learning outcomes.
- Manifest skills in communication, higher order thinking and use of tools and technology to accelerate learning and teaching.
- Demonstrate positive attributes of a model teacher, both as an individual and as a professional
- Manifest a desire to continuously pursue personal and professional development.
Bachelor of Physical Education
The BPEd is a four-year program aimed at equipping graduates with the competencies to meet the psychomotor, cognitive and affective needs of learners. This consist of : (1) a strong and substantial foundation of the subject matter ( disciplinary knowledge) that informs their curricular choices when planning, designing, implementing and assessing learning activities curriculum and program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation); (2) an understanding of the scope and sequence of various movement forms, as well as elements, strategies and tactics of these various movements in a multitude of settings (movement competency and proficiency) that enables them to meet the needs of learners to know how, be able to do and how to learn; (3) expert knowledge of pedagogy for maximizing student engagement, mentoring students and modeling respect for differences in gender, ability and culture; (4) reflective practice that (a) propels them to set high standards for and hold themselves accountable to the professional standards (p[rofessional accountability and responsibility) ; (b) enables them to identify gaps in their current competencies and pursue professional development opportunities; and (c) assists them in studying the impact of their teaching on student learning; (5) building and cultivating relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, other professionals and learning communities; advocating for PE, being role models of integrity and professional excellence, as well as leaders in the service of education.
- Disciplinal Knowledge: Apply scientific and evidence based practices critical to the educational and learning processes.
- Movement and Competency and Proficiency:
- Demonstrate skillful performance in a variety of physical activities.
- Adapt performance to variety of physical activity settings: (e.g. formal classes, recreational and competitive)
- Curriculum and Program Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Critically examine the curriculum (e.g. content, pedagogy and assessments) and program, and enhance (e.g. innovate) them necessarily.
- Plan and implement safe and effective physical activity program to address the needs of individual and groups in school and/or non-school settings.
- Monitor and evaluate physical activity programs in school and/or non-school settings.
- Use appropriate assessments in as and for student or client learning.
- Use information, media and technology in pedagogy and for lifelong learning.
- Professional Accountability and Responsibility:
- Demonstrate firm work/professional ethics
- Cultivate solidarity by working and dealing with /relating to others harmoniously.
- Promote the advancement of the profession by making sense of and getting involved in current discourse that impact on the profession.
- Pursue lifelong learning for personal and professional development
- Communicate effectively with PE practitioners, other professionals and stakeholders
- Use oral, written, and technology formats deftly.
Bachelor of Secondary Education
The BSEd degree program aims to develop highly motivated and competent teachers specializing in the content and pedagogy for secondary education.
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
- Possess broad knowledge of language and literature for effective learning
- Use English as a glocal language in a in a multilingual context as it applies to the teaching of language and literature
- Acquire extensive reading background in language, literature and allied fields
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication
- Shows competence in employing innovative language and literature teaching approaches, methodologies, and strategies.
- Use technology in facilitating language of learning and teaching
- Inspire students and colleagues to lead relevant and transformative changes to improve learning and teaching language and literature.
- Display skills and abilities to be reflective and research-oriented language and literature teacher
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Filipino
- Nagpapamalas ng mataas na antas na kaalaman sa pagtuturo ng wika at panitikang Filipino.
- Nagpapakita ng malawak at malalim na pag unawa at kaalaman sa ugnayan ng wika, kultura, at lipunan
- Nakakgagamit ng iba’t ibang kasanayan at kaalaman sa proseso ng pagtuturo-pagkatuto.
- Nagtataglay ng kaalaman hinggil sa usapan ng kultura at linggwistikong dibersidad ng bansa.
- Nakapagdidisenyo ng malikhain, inobatibo, at integratibong mga altermatibong dulog sa pagtuturo at pagkatuto
- Nakagagawa ng pananaliksik ukol sa ikauulad ng wikang Filipino bilang wikang panturo
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Mathematics
- Exhibit competence in mathematical concepts and procedures
- Exhibit proficiency in relating mathematics to other curricular areas
- Manifest meaningful and comprehensive pedagogical content knowledge (PCK) of mathematics
- Demonstrate competence in designing, constructing and utilizing different forms of assessment in mathematics
- Demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving by solving and creating routine and non-routine problems with different levels of complexity
- Use effectively appropriate approaches, methods, and techniques in teaching mathematics including technological tools
- Appreciate mathematics as an opportunity for creative work, moments of enlightenment, discovery and gaining insights of the world
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Sciences
- Demonstrate deep understanding of scientific concepts and principles
- Apply scientific inquiry in teaching and learning
- Utilize effective science teaching and assessment methods
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Social Studies
- Utilize appropriate various sociocultural and historical materials in explaining current issues
- Organize communities towards self-reliance and self-sufficiency
- Demonstrate leadership skills that will help in teaching or training students who will empower their communities
- Integrate local and global perspectives in teaching the principle of the common good
- Employ principles of sustainable development in teaching the principle of the common good
- Show scholarship research and further learning
- Display the qualities if an innovative teacher who has mastery of the subject matter