- Bachelor of Science in Criminology
The Program aim to:
- encourage research and inquiry on the nature, causes, treatment or punishment of criminal behavior and how criminal justice a gencies function and respond to crime, criminals and victims.
- prepare the students for careers in crime prevention, law enforcement, scientific crime detection, correctional administration, public safety and allied fields;
- foster the values of leadership, integrity, accountability and responsibility while serving their fellowmen, community and country.
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice (PQF Level 6 descriptor)
- Effectively communicate orally and writing using both English and Filipino
- Work effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams (PQF level 6 descriptor)
- Act in recognition of professional, social and ethical responsibility
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage” (based on RA 7722)
Common to the Criminal Justice Education
- Conduct criminological research and further studies
- Ensure public safety and order maintenance
- Prevent, suppress and control crime
- Investigate and detect crime
- Enforce laws, rules and regulations
- Protect lives and properties
Graduate attributes and outcomes
- Conduct criminological research on crimes, crime causation, victims, and offenders to include deviant behavior.
- Internalize the concepts of human rights and victim welfare
- Demonstrate competence and broad understanding in law enforcement administration, public safety and criminal justice;
- Utilize criminalistics or forensic science in the investigation and detection of crime;
- Apply the principles and jurisprudence of criminal law, evidence and criminal procedure;
- Ensure offenders’ welfare and development for their re-integration to the community.